The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR)’s Remediation and Redevelopment (RR) Program’s year-end report, Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) Section 128(a) Grant Final Report (RR-0142), is now available on the About the RR Program webpage.
The report highlights work undertaken within the latest funding year under the CERCLA Sec. 128(a) grant from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
The RR Program utilizes its CERCLA Sec. 128(a) grant to enhance its state response program and fulfill public record requirements. In addition, the grant is used to support state programs and designated federal programs under the jurisdiction of the RR Program, by supporting outreach, site discovery and redevelopment tools such as:
- Hands-on assistance, like Green Team meetings, which empower local governments to tackle brownfields redevelopment
- The Voluntary Party Liability Exemption (VPLE) program
- General liability assistance
- Conferences and training
- Policy development to address emerging issues
- Continuing obligation audits
- Online site information including BRRTS on the Web (BOTW) and RR Sites Map
- Public/private partnerships for continuous program improvement
Reporting period highlights include activities related to Vapor Intrusion Prevention & Partnership (VIPPI) Toolkit, local government outreach with Brownfields Fundamentals, and continued protection through continuing obligations audits at closed sites.
Additional CERCLA Sec. 128(a) reports can be found on the Remediation and Redevelopment Program’s webpage.