The Interstate Technology Regulatory Council (ITRC) will offer comprehensive vapor intrusion mitigation training over two sessions on Nov. 3 and Nov. 15, 2022.
The Vapor Intrusion Mitigation training series provides an overview of vapor intrusion mitigation and presents information on how to utilize the ITRC’s Vapor Intrusion Mitigation Interactive Directory. The interactive directory includes up-to-date fact sheets, technology information sheets and checklists. DNR staff participated in the development of both the technical resources and training.
- Session 1 – Nov. 3, 2022, Noon-2:00 p.m. Topics Include:
- Introduction & Overview of Vapor Intrusion Mitigation Training Team
- Conceptual Site Models for Vapor Intrusion Mitigation
- Public Outreach During Vapor Intrusion Mitigation
- Rapid Response & Ventilation for Vapor Intrusion Mitigation
- Remediation & Institutional Controls
- Session 2 – Nov. 15, 2022, Noon-2 p.m. Topics Include:
- Active Mitigation Approaches
- Passive Mitigation Approaches
- System Verification, OM&M, and Exit Strategies
Environmental professionals are encouraged to register at the CLU-IN Vapor Intrusion Mitigation webpage.
The online sessions will repeat in 2023. This training is also available on-demand at the CLU-IN Vapor Intrusion Mitigation archive.