The Interstate Technology Regulatory Council (ITRC) will offer online vapor intrusion training over two sessions on June 1 and June 6, 2023.
Environmental professionals are encouraged to register at the CLU-IN Vapor Intrusion Mitigation webpage.
The Vapor Intrusion Mitigation training series provides an overview of vapor intrusion mitigation and presents information on how to utilize the ITRC’s Vapor Intrusion Mitigation Interactive Directory. The interactive directory includes up-to-date fact sheets, technology information sheets and checklists. DNR staff participated in the development of both the technical resources and training.
The training consists of a series of eight modules on the topics listed below and will be presented over two, two-hour sessions:
Session 1 – June 1, 2023 | Noon-2 p.m.
- Introduction and overview of vapor intrusion mitigation training team
- Conceptual site models for vapor intrusion mitigation
- Public outreach during vapor intrusion mitigation
- Rapid response and ventilation for vapor intrusion mitigation
- Remediation and institutional controls
Session 2 – June 6, 2023 | Noon-2 p.m.
- Active mitigation approaches
- Passive mitigation approaches
- System verification, OM&M and exit strategies