The Remediation and Redevelopment (RR) Program is recruiting for seven Dual Limited Term Employee (Dual LTE) positions:
- Leaking Underground Storage Tank (LUST) and Petroleum Inspection Fund (PIF) Environmental Program Associate located at Fitchburg Service Center in Fitchburg, Wisconsin (1 position, Job ID number 10020)
- Superfund Environmental Program Associate and Hydrogeologist based in any Wisconsin DNR office depending upon candidate preference and space availability (3 positions, Job ID number 10022)
- Department of Transportation (DOT) and LUST Hydrogeologist based in any Wisconsin DNR office depending upon candidate preference and space availability (3 positions, Job ID number 10031)
Each dual LTE appointment is comprised of two 20-hour positions for an expected work schedule of 40 hours per week. The intention is to hire one candidate for each dual position. The deadline to apply for the Dual LTE positions is May 8, 2023.
Dual LTE– LUST and PIF Environmental Program Associate:
- This position will assist in technical case management by maintaining regular communication with regional hydrogeologists, supervisors and central office coordinators to ensure that applicable case files are identified, evaluated, scanned and uploaded in proper format. The position will also assist regional staff fulfilling public records requests, conducting QA/QC of database information, and providing technical assistance to the public and regulated community.
Dual LTE – Superfund Environment Program Associate and Hydrogeologist:
- This position will be responsible for reviewing Superfund site files to identify key Superfund documents including Institutional Control (IC) documents, updating IC documentation, and conducting IC audits for Superfund sites. The position will maintain regular communication with the Superfund site project managers, and the IC Grant team that will be coordinating and directing the work. This position will also complete file review and digitization of permanent site file records and assist in updating database information for Superfund sites.
Dual LTE – DOT and LUST Hydrogeologist:
- The DOT hydrogeologist position is the DNR lead on contaminated sites identified during Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) road construction projects. The responsibilities of this position include maintenance of WisDOT case files and case review to determine status and prepare recommendations. This position will maintain communication with WisDOT staff on a regular basis to ensure that mutually agreed upon priorities are met.
- The LUST hydrogeologist position will provide programmatic support in the RR program. The responsibilities of this position include evaluating LUST cases for potential risks to receptors and additional actions required to address risk and/or bring cases to closure. This position will maintain regular communication with regional staff and the LUST program coordinator.