The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR)’s Remediation and Redevelopment (RR) Program’s year-end report to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is now available.
The CERCLA Section 128(a) Grant Final Report, for the reporting period of Oct. 1, 2020 to Sept. 30, 2021, highlights work undertaken and completed within the latest funding year.
The RR Program uses the CERCLA Sec. 128(a) grant to support state programs and designated federal programs under the jurisdiction of the RR Program, by supporting outreach, site discovery and redevelopment tools such as:
- Hands-on assistance, like Green Team meetings, which empowers local governments to tackle brownfields redevelopment;
- The Voluntary Party Liability Exemption program;
- General liability assistance;
- Conferences and training;
- Policy development to address emerging issues;
- Institutional control audits;
- Online site information — public database (BRRTS on the Web) and interactive maps (RR Sites Map); and
- Public/private partnerships for continuous program improvement.
Reporting period highlights include activities related to environmental justice and rural prosperity, completion of NR 700 rulemaking, and new graphics developed by program staff to help show the complexities of vapor intrusion, which are now being used on a national level.
Previous CERCLA Sec. 128(a) reports can be found on the Remediation and Redevelopment Program’s webpage.