The COVID-19 pandemic forced the Remediation and Redevelopment (RR) Program to postpone in-person Consultants’ Day 2020 events in Stevens Point and Pewaukee. However, those same topics (and more) will be presented in a monthly webinar series, the first of which will be held on July 15th.
The new series is modeled after the RR Program’s Issues & Trends monthly conference calls and is now simply referred to as the new Issues & Trends.
The upcoming Issues & Trends presentations will be held using Zoom web conferencing. There is no cost to participate, but Zoom will request that you register for each event by supplying your name and email address.
A schedule of the upcoming topics, presentation dates and Zoom meeting links can be found on the RR Program’s Conferences and Training webpage.
Series highlights include:
- PFAS – a keynote presentation by Ginny Yingling (MN Dept. of Health), developing your conceptual site model, how Wisconsin is responding to PFAS, upcoming revisions to NR140 and NR809 and more.
- Vapor intrusion – New information on preferential pathways, results of the DNR’s recent audit on continuing obligations and acute risks from TCE.
- Site investigation – Scoping your SI, SI report/SI workplan checklists, temporary wells and well abandonment.
- Continuing obligations imposed at interim actions.
- Case closure – Tips to tune up your closure submittals, what to do with new information on a closed site and post-closure modifications.
RR Program staff look forward to offering this alternative to the original Consultants’ Day events. We hope to resume an in-person format when it becomes safe and reasonable to do so.
If you have questions about the Issues & Trends series, please contact Mick Skwarok.