Registration is now open for Consultants’ Day 2020, hosted by the Wisconsin DNR’s Remediation and Redevelopment (RR) Program.
Consultants’ Day 2020 features two conferences this spring: the first event will be held on Wednesday, April 29, 2020 in Stevens Point at the Holiday Inn Conference Center; the second event will held on Wednesday, May 13 in Pewaukee at the Ingleside Convention Center.
To register, and learn more about the conferences, please visit the RR Program’s Conference and Training web page.
New this year is the option to register for a Mediasite broadcast of the Pewaukee conference. The live broadcast is available at a discounted rate for those who want to watch and listen to portions of, or to the entire conference. While this option doesn’t allow for networking with colleagues or one-on-one opportunities with RR Program staff, it’s a way to offer the conference content to those who are unable to attend.
The Mediasite link will be sent to those who register for that option a day or two before the conference. The broadcast can be viewed on desktop or mobile devices.
The Consultants’ Day agenda for both locations is the same. It includes:
- PFAS – Keynote by Ginny Yingling (MN Dept. of Health), developing your conceptual site model, how Wisconsin is responding to PFAS, upcoming revisions to NR140 and NR809, updates on Peshtigo/Marinette, and more.
- Vapor intrusion – Acute risks from TCE, new information on preferential pathways, and results of our recent audit on continuing obligations
- Site investigation – Scoping your SI, understanding laboratory qualifiers, SIR/SIWP checklists, temporary wells, and well abandonment
- Continuing obligations imposed at interim actions
- Case closure – tips to tune up your closure submittals, what to do with new information on a closed site and post-closure modifications
The RR Program looks forward to seeing you at Consultants’ Day 2020.
If you have any questions about the conference, please contact Mick Skwarok.