Plans for Consultants’ Day 2020 are in full swing, with an exciting keynote speaker identified for both events and a distance-learning option in place for the May conference.
The first of two Consultants’ Day conferences is scheduled for Wednesday, April 29 in Stevens Point at the Holiday Inn Convention Center. The second event will take place on Wednesday, May 13 in Pewaukee at the Ingleside (formerly the Country Springs). The Remediation and Redevelopment (RR) Program anticipates registration opening soon for both events. That announcement will be promptly shared via the RR Report and shared on the RR Program’s Conference & Training web page.
New this year is the option to register for a Mediasite broadcast of the Pewaukee conference. The live broadcast – video and audio – of the conference sessions will be available at a discounted rate for those who want to watch and listen to portions of, or to the entire conference. While this option doesn’t allow for networking with colleagues or one-on-one opportunities with RR Program staff, it’s a way to offer much of the conference experience to those who are unable to attend.
Also new this year is the addition of a keynote speaker at both locations. Ginny Yingling is a senior hydrogeologist in the Environmental Health Division of the Minnesota Department of Health. She works with a team of Health Risk Assessors to evaluate human exposures to harmful chemicals in drinking water related to man-made contaminated sites. Since 2003, she has been the agency’s lead PFAS investigator. Ginny holds a B.S. from Penn State and a M.S. from the University of Wyoming, both in geology. She has over 25 years of experience working on contaminated sites, first as an environmental consultant, then at the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency. Ginny’s been with the MN Dept. of Health since 2000. She also co-chaired the Interstate Technology and Regulatory Council’s PFAS Team that developed an in-depth report on the current state of PFAS science and related factsheets, online training modules, workshops and a risk communication toolkit.
The agenda also includes:
- PFAS – Keynote by Ginny Yingling, developing your conceptual site model, how Wisconsin is responding to PFAS, upcoming revisions to NR140 and NR809, updates on Peshtigo/Marinette, and more.
- Vapor intrusion – Acute risks from TCE, new information on preferential pathways, and results of our recent audit on continuing obligations
- Site investigation – Scoping your SI, understanding laboratory qualifiers, SIR/SIWP checklists, temporary wells, and well abandonment
- Continuing obligations imposed at interim actions
- Case closure – tips to tune up your closure submittals, what to do with new information on a closed site and post-closure modifications
The RR Program looks forward to seeing you at Consultants’ Day 2020.