On November 6, 2019, the Remediation and Redevelopment (RR) Program will host a meeting to provide information and seek input on the development of revisions to select provisions of Wis. Admin. Code chs. NR 700–799, Environmental Protection – Investigation and Remediation of Environmental Contamination.
The meeting is part of a series of rule development meetings that the RR program will host as it develops proposed rule revisions. The November 6 meeting will include:
- A first draft of proposed rule revisions relating to submittal timelines in the NR 700 rule series;
- A second draft of proposed rules relating to submittal preparation requirements and other changes to ch. NR 712;
- A first draft of rule revisions affecting fees required under ch. NR 749;
- A second draft of proposed rule revisions relating to 2015 Wis. Act 204 changes to the definition of “agency with admin authority;”
- A second draft of miscellaneous proposed rule revisions including updates to terminology, submittal format requirements, and other changes;
- A first draft of rule revisions relating to remedial action confirmation samples; and
- A second draft of rules relating to contaminated sediment sites.
The meeting will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the DNR’s Madison office in Room 513. If you plan to attend the meeting in person, please RSVP to Molly Schmidt. To participate remotely, call 1-855-947-8255 and use passcode 6961 559#.
All meeting details, a schedule of future meeting dates, and general information about this rulemaking effort are available online at: https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/Brownfields/RuleChanges.html.