Tracker on the Web will be Discontinued Labor Day Weekend; Replaced by Password-Protected Website
Tentatively scheduled to take place on September 1, 2017, the Wisconsin DNR’s Remediation and Redevelopment Program will discontinue the online application, Tracker on the Web. The aging technology that currently supports Tracker on the Web will no longer be maintained by the State.
The RR Program recognizes that in order to best serve its customers until the PECFA (Petroleum Environmental Cleanup Fund Award) program ends on June 30, 2020, it needs to continue to make claim information available on a reliable, regular basis. The Program plan to accomplish this in a number of ways:
- Registered PECFA consultants and agents will have access to a password-protected web site that will contain PECFA claim information, such as claim status, dollar amount and date paid. If you are a claimant and would like to access this site, please contact Jenna Soyer.
- Contact claims staff for claim information: Tim Prosa; (608) 261-7715 or Dennis Legler; (608) 267-7562. Claims staff are available during normal business hours to take your calls and will provide you with the information you seek.
- Stay current on PECFA developments by subscribing to the RR Report. The RR Report will include monthly information about the PECFA program, including monthly financial snapshots and other Program developments as warranted.
The RR Program will continue to work with PECFA agents and claimants to ensure that they have all current and necessary information in order to meet the Program requirements for cleaning up and closing sites by the June 30, 2020 sunset.
Please remember that failing to meet the sunset deadline does not absolve a responsible party from cleaning up the contamination, only for submitting claims for reimbursement through the DNR.
PECFA Stakeholders Group Meeting September 25
The PECFA Stakeholders Group will meet on September 25 at the DNR office in downtown Madison. The PECFA program – Petroleum Environmental Cleanup Fund Award – is coming to an end on June 30, 2020. The DNR’s RR Program, which assumed management of PECFA in 2013, holds regular meetings with a core group of consultants who manage and oversee many of the petroleum-related cleanup sites around the state.
A number of PECFA program updates are on the September agenda, including a discussion of the Program’s financial status in the coming years.
For a copy of the agenda and other meeting materials as they become available, please contact Judy Fassbender, (608) 266-7278.
Reminder: Invoicing Agent Costs
The Remediation and Redevelopment Program encourages consultants acting as agents to invoice their PECFA oversight costs on a monthly basis. This ensures that agents are meeting the requirements of Wis. Stats. §292.63(3)(ac) – i.e. the “180 day” provision – and ensures that the rules are applied consistently to all claims.
Updated PECFA Forms and Publications
All PECFA forms have now been updated. Please note that some forms have been discontinued or combined with other forms to better reflect current laws and practices, and to streamline paperwork.
The following have been updated:
- PECFA Claim Submittal Checklist (4400-295)
- Deductible Financial Hardship Application (4400-290)
- This is a combination of the old 4400-290 (Application for Deferral/Reduction of PECFA Deductible), 4400-294 (Reduction of Deductible Application), 4400-290a (Waiver/Deferral of Deductible for Consultant Agent Application), and RR-945 (PECFA Financial Statement). These publications have now been archived.
- PECFA Agent Assignment (4400-292)
- This is a combination of the old 4400-292 (Agent Assignment Certification Scope of Work Application) and 4400-298 (Consultant Agent Prequalification). These publications have now been archived.
- Remedial Action Fund Application Form (4400-291)
- This is a combination of the old 4400-291 (Remedial Action Fund Application) and 4400-297 (PECFA Claim Submittal Information)
- PECFA Assignment of Reimbursement (4400-293)
- Promissory Note (4400-306) NEW!
- Previously RR-963.
- Important Information for Appealing a PECFA Claim Decision (RR-941)
- PECFA Consulting Firm Registration Form (4400-310) NEW!
- PECFA Consultant Registration Form (4400-309) NEW!
Please check the PECFA webpage for the most up-to-date documents before submitting paperwork. The “date of update” can be found next to the document link. Other changes and updates will be discussed in a future edition of the RR Report. Please bookmark the URL and check back frequently.
A New Mailing Address for PECFA
On June 30, 2018, the Remediation and Redevelopment Program will cease using P.O. Box 8044 for PECFA submittals. At that time, we will consolidate all incoming mail into the current program-wide mailbox.
Please begin using the following address as soon as possible:
Wisconsin DNR – RR/5
P.O. Box 7921
Madison, WI 53707-7921
The PECFA submittals address has been updated on all of the forms.
Snapshot: PECFA Financials
The RR Program provides monthly updates on the status of PECFA claims and the overall PECFA budget. The table below provides information on the number and value of claims submitted, the number and value of claims paid, and the remaining available funding for the fiscal year.
Below are the updated PECFA numbers for July 2017.
|Claims in audit line (as of July 30)||8||$28,836|
|Total Paid FY18||$662,421|
|Remaining FY18 Balance||$3,887,579|