Applications are due April 9 for the 2018 Wisconsin RPCs and DNR Great Lakes Basin Tree Planting Grant Program. The goal of the program is to increase tree planning in Wisconsin to mitigate the effects of the emerald ash borer and to help reduce runoff in urban communities. Phytoremediation efforts may be eligible.
All communities within the Wisconsin Great Lakes Basin are eligible, but this program will particularly target projects in communities:
- Within emerald ash borer quarantines
- Within watersheds with surface water quality concerns
- On tribal lands
- Within communities that are members of a Regional Planning Commission
- Within areas of concern (AOCs) for beneficial use impairments
- In Tree City USA communities
Just over $120,000 is available to help fund projects ranging in cost from $1,000 to $20,000.